Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR10 Windows Server 2003 and OLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

csirman

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
We recently upgraded our server from 2000 to 2003. We are running an ASP app on a SQL Server 2000 database with CR 9 and using the ActiveX viewer to see the reports. After upgrading the operating system, one of our reports ceased to work. It involved a linked OLE Microsoft Word document. It works fine in CR by not the ActiveX viewer. It shows the data but stops and says "Loading..." and will not go further. I installed all the service packs for 9. Then uninstalled 9, installed ver 10 and all SPs and this has partially solved the problem.

The report is made up of several details sections, all are conditional view, such that depending on the data, only one detail section with a different Word doc is viewed. I can get this to work with two detail sections, but when I add in the third, the first stops working.

Anyone have a clue? I created a report from scratch with hardly any functionally and can't get it to work properly. I'm thinking this is more of a Windows 2003 issue rather than Crystal, but Crystal is the only thing that is affected and only with OLE objects either linked or embedded.

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back