Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR10 and Informix 5 with OpenLink

Status
Not open for further replies.

keg3

Programmer
Apr 2, 2004
US
Does anyone have Crystal Reports with Informix 5? What steps did you have to take to get it to work? I have an ODBC connection using the OpenLink driver and can connect via Excel to the database sucessfully.

However when I try to add tables to a new Crystal Report, I get an error "Query Engine Error: '42000:[OpenLine][ODBC][Driver]Syntax error or access'.

I can however add views.

I have reinstalled Crystal Reports developer with all the drivers and applied the hotfix that deals with drivers but neither fixed the problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi Keg3

Did you ever get a solution to your Informix 5 problem? We have an issue connecting to an Informix 5 database - we are using a sco vision driver but parameter prompts are causing a problem in CE10 - the parameter prompt screen doesn't come up, yet it does when the report is run directly from CR10. I suspect it is something to do with the odbc driver we are using to connect. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Cheers

Deb

Deb, I was never able to resolve this issue. BO was not very helpful although they did give me a document that had this information concerning drivers:

With Cr 10 and up use the Informix ODBC driver (ICLIT09B.DLL) however with earlier versions of Crystal we recommend using the Cr Informix driver designed specifically for Informix and Crystal Reports.

There is an Informix Wire Protocol for Cr 9 only (the "Informix Wire Protocol driver") that supports multiple connections to the Informix database system version 9.x in the Windows environment.
The Informix Wire Protocol driver file name is IVIFCLnn.DLL, where nn is the revision level.

There are no database client requirements for the Informix Wire Protocol driver.
_________

I was able to connect to a later version (7.5?) of Informix using an OpenLink driver and that worked in both CR10 and CE10.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back