Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

victora

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
I just got an email offer from BO for their latest ver XI. I'm already running on ver 10 and I'm just wondering whats in it for me to upgrade to the latest.

Actually, I'm developing both on 8.5 and 10.0 as my CR viewer installed on users is for the 8.5. I'm continually converting to 10 and here comes ver XI. So what will I get from the XI?

If its justifiable, then I can go straight to XI and bypass 10.

Any thoughts?
TIA.

If you use parameters alot CR XI will give you dynamic and cascading parameters, which for me will save me lots of time and headaches. However, we are having many difficulties getting the console manager for XI installed and functioning on our server, and I am unable to open reports created in 10 with my XI version, which is not suppose to be the case.

But I am hopeful that the issues we are having will be resolved shortly so I am really looking forward to the new functionality.

lg

LG,

That's the first I've heard about Crystal 10 reports not running under Crystal XI. Could you please provide more information?

Thanks,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Hi,
Yes, please do..We run V10 designed reports with CR XI with no problems..

Publishing to the Enterprise requires a version match (either with pub wizard or direct from CR), but CR11 can ( and in our case does) run V10 reports ( and 8.5,as well - docs say back to v7).

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back