Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR XI: Record Selection Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
CR XI: Record Selection Editor

Are there techniques or workarounds to comment within the Record Selection Editor in the same or similar way that is available with formula editing by utilizing "//" ?
With ad-hoc reports I often have several different selection criteria in use that I interchange and would like to do the following as per the simple illustration below :

// Selection Criteria 1
{Customer.Country} startswith ["A", "b", "C"] and // Cities of interest (Set A)
{Customer.City} startswith ["A", "b", "c"] and
{Customer.Last Year's Sales} > $5000.00 // Minimum for Junior Sales Staff

//Selection Criteria 2
//{Customer.Country} startswith ["X", "Y", "Z"] and // Cities of interest (Set B)
//{Customer.City} startswith ["D", "E", "F"] and
//{Customer.Last Year's Sales} > $15000.00 // Minimum for Senior Sales Staff

If the Record Selection Editor would save in the manner shown above (unfortunately it will not for me) I could then simply add or remove “//” to active different selection criteria.

As these are ad-hoc reports I do not think the use of parameter values would help as in most cases the selection changes often and in many ways… but maybe parameters are the only option?
Perhaps something as simple as having ‘NotePad’ open with copies of the Selection Criteria is the best answer or cut and paste from Text Objects stored in the Report Footer (suppressed) ?

Does CR 2016 or other versions above CR XI provide options?

Instead of using the select expert, go to report->selection formulas->record and create the formula there. You will be able to use the '//' without losing it when you close out.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back