Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR XI - Group Select formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRXIuser2005

Programmer
Sep 23, 2005
US
When I use the following formula in Group Select will this allow ALL items to be imported INTO the report AND THEN summarize by the formula?

{ASSIGNH.Assignment Date} = maximum({ASSIGNH.Assignment Date},{BKCYAcct.Acct File Number})

When I use formulas like this, I notice my counts are much higher than I think they should be. I thought that Group Select formulas prevent data from being pulled into the report unless they meet the formula criteria????

how does the Group Select Formula work????

Thank you.

MV

"A man is only as happy, as he makes up his mind to be....

Hi,
Where group selection takes place depends on how the Sql is written by CR..Use the 'Show Sql' option and see what, if any, where clauses are being sent to the database.

For more detailed help, provide the:
Crystal version
Database type and version
Connection method
any other selection criteria used.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

if NOT how do I add a where clause...manually

Thank you.

MV

Group selection occurs after records are returned--that's why underlying records contribute to inserted summaries. If you only want to return the most recent record to the report, then you could use "Add command" as your database and specify the record with the maximum date there.

-LB

Thanks LB, I'll try that... Can you give me an example of the command? Would it be in the same format as the GROUP SELECTION command?

Thank you.

MV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back