Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR XI export to csv adds blank line at end of file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetie7

Programmer
Jul 28, 2006
AU
We have recently upgraded to Crystal Decisions (BO XI R2) and Crystal Reports XI from CE10 and Crystal Reports 10. There is a Crystal Report that is scheduled to run daily and export to CSV format which formatted correctly in V10. Since the upgrade the CSV output has a blank row added to the end of the file. (The file is picked up by an external party and loaded into an application so needs to be in the format they can load). When I look at the file in Notepad, instead of the cursor stopping at the end of the last field, it goes to a new line. I have checked the Business Objects knowledge base and applied the fix suggested for CSV formats (in Enterprise under Format - CSV format change the mode to Standard instead of Legacy Mode) but this makes no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try?

If you manually execute the report and export it to CSV from within the crystal report designer (not crystal enterprise) does it still have this issue?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

I have manually run the report and exported to CSV in both CR XI and CR 10 and the output looks exactly the same. I can only guess that the export is being handled differently in this version of Enterprise, but how would I check this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back