Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR Server 11 - How to Create Hyperlinks & Shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoMarcus

MIS
Oct 16, 2007
US
I'm a very seasoned Crystal Report writer. I have NO experience with Crystal Server. I know what I want, but can't figure it out so I'm asking for help.

I want to know how to make hyperlinks to the crystal reports. So that I can either put the hyperlinks on someone's desktop or in a web page. I don't want to use InfoView.

We're working on an intranet site that eventually will also contain links to reports. In the meantime, I just want desktop shortcut hyperlinks. I've looked through the manuals and have not found this - probably terminology is confusing me. You all have been helpful to me in the past. I'm looking for easy step-by-step instructions. Security is not an issue at this time. Data on ms SQL server, CR Server using MySQL (while testing) but will eventually use our existing ms SQL server.

Using Crystal Reports and Server 11

Thank you.

You need to get hold of the document be_xi_r2_opendocument.pdf which details open document syntax. This is the syntax used to create hyperlinks to crystal reports once they have been published to CRS or BOE XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back