Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR+.Net Apps works on W2008 32bit but doesn't works on W2008 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

madderdin

Programmer
Oct 31, 2011
Greet,
I have a following situation:
1. The application Asp.net was created under VS2008 installed on Windows XP SP3 32bit (the application+mssqlserver+CR)
2. Till now the application worked on Windows 2008 Std 32bit. On this server installed is runtime Crystal Reports CRBasicforVS2008_redist_x32 and all is working perfectly.
3. Now I am trying to install applications on Windows 2008 Std 64 bit. The application (.net+MsSqlServer) works, only CRBasic x86 create note:
"...An error has occurred while attempting is load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports blowers {registers} key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is of note grades installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please of him are 4. I installed on the server CRBasicforVS2008_redist_x64. Now in turn there is no error as above, only at the call CR, CR questions me for the name of the base, the password , the name of the server etc. I know that the code of the application is written correctly, because from very long times it works stable. I reflect on what the problem relies. On servers 32bit (Xp, 2003, 2008 32bit) has no trouble and on 2008 64bit big troubles...
Perhaps you know what is a reason of that behaviour.. I will be grateful for every suggestion.
Best regards
Wojtek

This question would have been better asked on the Business Objects: Crystal Reports 3 Integrate forum. However, let me see what I can do to help.

If you're connecting to MS SQL Server, it means you're using either an ODBC Connection or an OLEDB connection. Either way, AFAIK, Crystal will only connect to the 32-bit version of the SQL Server client. If you have an ODBC connection, this means that you'll need to have a 32-bit ODBC connection set up as well.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi hilfy,
Thx for your support.

I have same problem as Madderdin.
On OS 32bits Apps works great, stable and perfectly. On W2008 64bits (with MsSQL 64bits)Crystal Reports crashes with note like wrote Madderdin: ""...An error has occurred while attempting is load the Crystal Reports runtime.....".

What should I doing? You wrote "this means that you'll need to have a 32-bit ODBC connection set up as well".
But how i do this?
a) Remove 64-bits SQL and install 32-bits SQL?
or
b) Use still SQL 64 bits but configure something? How to configure SQL 64-bits so that he work with CR 32 bits?

I have no idea.

Please help us :)

Best regards
Strogov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back