Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR interview question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalReports9

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
US
Where i can find the CR INTERVIEW FAQ ?

Thank you very much

I am working as a CR developer. Still i am looking for complicated or real life issues related questions.

Are you trying to hire or get hired as a crystal reports developer and need technical questions and answers to help you do this?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

Similar questions have been discussed in past threads on this forum. Do a search...

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

What FAQ?

You keep speaking of one but I don't know of such a thing, are you making this up or where did you learn about this FAQ?

If you've been working as a developer for quite some time, you should be able to come up with good real world questions yourself.

Here are a few of my basic interview questions:

If a report is running very slowly, what do you look for?

Does the information placed in the record selection formula always make it into the Database->Show SQL Query?

Can you edit the SQL in the Database->Show SQL Query?

Are you familiar with the Command object in Crystal, and what are it's advantages and disadvantages?

A requirement for a report is defined as needing a parameter so that users can SELECT multiple states to filter their data, which would you use as the data source between these two, a View or a Stored Procedure, and why?

Then I usually just ask a few basic questions about graphs, crosstabs, subreports and conditional formulas (suppression, formatting, etc.)

Then one of the HUGE questions is to ask how they go about solving problems whne they don't know how to resolve something important, but not immediately time critical, if they state that they post in a forum, that's a huge plus, stating that they use the help file and then they just try to work it out is not very comforting.

Finally I ask an awkward question, such as if they've ever been in a cave to learn if they have a sense of humor and how they roll with unusual scenarios.

The questions should be somewhat tailored to the position though.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back