Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR did'n work with W2008 x64, but on OS 32 bits works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

strogov

Programmer
Nov 2, 2011
PL
Hi,

I have problem with CrystalReportsBasic)redist_x86.
My dot.net application wrote in VS2008 working correcty and stable on OS 32bits (XP Prof, W2003,W2008 32bits).

Now,I try deploy my Apps (App+MsSQLServer+CR) on Windows 2008 64 bits.

Apps+MsSQLServer works correcty, but Crystal generate info:

"...An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.
Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.
Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to
When I remove CRBasic_x86 and install CRBasic_x64 there is no above note, but CR ask me for 'classic' parameters: user, sql name server, password etc. I now that apps is wrote correcty.

I read on forum advise: "Crystal will only connect to the 32-bit version of the SQL Server client. If you have an ODBC connection, this means that you'll need to have a 32-bit ODBC connection set "

Could you advise me how ido this?:

a) Remove 64-bits SQL and install 32-bits SQL?
or
b) Use still SQL 64 bits but configure something? How to configure SQL 64-bits so that he work with CR 32 bits?

I have no idea.
I will be grateful for every suggestion.

Best regards
Strogov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back