Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR crashes on save after Set Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLord

Technical User
May 9, 2002
US
version 8.5 with SP2 (8.5.3.936)...sp was just loaded to see if it solved issue (it didn't)

I have a report with a subreport...the sub report was written against a similar view while waiting for a new view to be written...when the new view is dropped into the report using set location, nothing seems to be a problem...however when I go to save the report I get a gpf and cr crashes...I am going from vieew to view so it's not a stored procedure (which I know DOES cause problems)...

ideas?

I haven't had the problem with views, but when it happens with stored procedures, I:
a) save the subreport separately from the report, b) make the Set Location changes on the saved subreport, c) delete the subreport from the main report, then d) reimport the 'new' subreport.

Hope that at least gives you a suggestion...

-dave

SP's won't make it crash unless there's something illegal about them, nor will Views.

Dave's suggestion is sound, I would add to that to try dropping the View into a brand new report to make sure that nothing is amiss with the View.

Also make sure that you're using valid connectivity, choosing the wrong ODBC driver can cause many problems along these lines as well.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back