Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 9 is now the only one avail for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMCRYER

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
US
Hey, am I losing my mind? I have a client that needs to move up and is NOT ready to go into Crystal 9 (software they are using wont support it, supposedly) anyway...

They want to buy Crystal v 8.5 pro and were told that its not out for sale anymore the only thing they can get now is v 9...

When did this happen? Have I been walking around in a coma? Does anybody know where to get your hands on 8.5 pro or better yet 8.5 dev ed?

please advise. Thanks!

lisa LMC cryerlisa@hotmail.com

select * from Management where proj_mgmt_skills <> NULL

0 records returned

That would be bizarre, especially since 8.5 is completely incompatible with v9 and v9 is incompatible with CE. They have always sold prior versions for compatibility resasons.

However, if this were really the case, I would look on Ebay. They still sell some 8.5 and the prices aren't bad, as long as you make sure you are getting real software.

Some of the resellers may also still have 8.5 at least PC Connection is still listing v8.5. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

I spoke with CD last week about purchasing a copy or CR7 and had no problem buying it direct...they told me I had to buy a copy of the current version (9) and then pay an additional $25 and they'd ship me the old version as well...basically the 25 covers standard S&H...it seemed like a fine deal to me...

Lisa,

This is not suprising, IF you are talking about buying from Crystal Decisions. Macola JUST NOW .. we are talking the last 30 days...started selling and supporting v8.5.

If you get them to buy through their OEM channel, I am sure it would be available. The support would come through the OEM channel, not from Crystal Decisions.

If you are only being offered CRv9 and the OEM software is not supporting, have no fear, I have been using CRv8.5 for close to two years with Macola and it was never supported until the last 30 days. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back