Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 8.5: Subreport parameter changes after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraFuhrmann

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
DE
Hi,

I have created an subreport that is part of two main reports and I choosed the option "Import with open" (or similar, I don't know it exactly because my version speaks german) when formatting the subreport.

The subreport itself has some parameter fields. One of those was named unthrifty, so I decided to rename it.

Now every time the subreport is changed and imported again when opening the main report it asks for the parameter with it's old name.
Everything else works fine.

Do someone just know this behaviour? What can I do to correcht it? I just deleted the subreport, stored and left the main report, opened it again and inserted the subreport with giving it the new concatenation but the problem still exists.

Thank you!
Barbara

I do not know if you have change the parameter name in the report itself but you actually have to change it in the report itself save it and manually re-import the report. Don't forget to check the links between the two reports.

When I open the subreport "stand alone" with Crystal Reports I see, that the name of the parameter field is the changed (new) one.

I did not only refresh the subreport in the main report. I did the following:
1) deleted the subreport from the main report
2) saved the main report
3) closed Crystal Reports completely
4) opened the main report
5) inserted the subreport and linked the parameters of the subreport to the associated values of the main report
6) saved the main report
7) closed Crystal Reports completely
8) opened the subreport stand alone and changed a bagatelle
9) saved the subreport, then closed it
10) opened the main report

When I then press F5 to start processing the old name of the parameter field appears in the parameter list and requires input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back