Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 8.5 - Percentage of Sums

Status
Not open for further replies.

1cutedimple

Programmer
Feb 27, 2004
CA
I have a formula that counts the number of X's.
Another formula that counts the number of Y's.
A subtotal that sums the # of X's and Y's.
I have a Grand Total #.

I'm trying to get the percentage of the subtotal from the Grand Total, but it's giving me the wrong number. Why?

Thx.

Please share your formula in future posts, and include technical information, such as Crystal version, etc.

Create a formula containing:

(subtotal/Grand Total)*100

If this fails, what is it returning, and where are you placing this formula?

If you create a formula such as:

If {table.field} in ["X","Y"] then
else

and place it in the details, you can then right click it and select insert->summary->Grand Total->Count

This will create a formula which will be available at the group level.

If you had created a Running Total and tried to use it, that value isn't available until the end of the report.

If none of this helps, try putting a little effort in to your posts describing what foirmulas you're uysing, where they are, some example data, and expected results.

-k

I hav a similar problem with running total.
How do I get the running total to print at the first page or at each group to calculate percentage of this group based on the running total(Grand total).
Please advice,
Thank you.
Dré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back