Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 8.5: Graph Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrobb

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
US
I created a Crystal SQL Query (and even tried a SQL 7 stored procedure) to return a recordset with two fields. The first field lists peoples names, and the second field lists a count of a number of 'audits' that person has performed.

(query result example)
PERSON COUNT
John Doe 1
Jane Doe 7
Bob Smith 2

My desired result is to produce a pie chart (though i experience the same issue for ANY type of chart) that lists a percentage breakdown for each user. Using the 'chart expert' i add a pie chart to the report. When i choose 'for each record' under the data tab, I can only add the count number, but no the name field. The legend on my graph creates an incremental number with a correct percent value next to it. But the incremental number is meaningless.

(legend example)
0 10%
1 70%
2 20%

How do I show the person's name in the legend and on the graph instead of a number in the legend? I have no idea
where this counter number comes from, and why it cannot be replaced with a person's name, in this case.

I discovered where I have gone wrong. I needed the chart condition to be 'on change of' instead of 'for each record'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back