Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 7 WHERE clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixc

Programmer
Jun 6, 1999
US
User just switched to CR7, using report designer to build a report to query Oracle 7.3 database and is having trouble with a rather long SQL,joining many tables. Some of the WHERE clause disappears. Any ideas?

Crystal takes control of the SQL statement in strange ways - the SELECT is based on the fields needed for the report, the ORDER BY is based on the report groups, and the GROUP BY is controlled by the report in v7. The only thing I haven't had a problem with is the WHERE, although if you click the Reset SQL button it will rewrite the WHERE based on the record selection formula and the table links you have defined in the visual linking tool.<br>
I try to avoid writing any SQL in Crystal, using stored procedures, views, or queries built with the crystal query tool instead. I find this more predictable, faster, and less frustrating. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back