Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 2008 linked to ACCDB on BOE XI 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cully651

Programmer
Aug 1, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

We have numerous CR reports that mingle a combination of Access and Oracle data (sometimes just Access data) that have worked fine with the Access MDB format for years.

Now we're moving to the ACCDB format and the reports work fine in the Crystal Reports developer tool using OLE (ADO) database connectivity, but when we put them on the BOE XI 3 server we can't get past the authentication. Every time it tries to load a report, BOE gives the error...

"the database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect"

... but there is NO logon for an ACCDB data source.

We're using
CR 2008 sp 3
BOE XI 3
Access 2010

Anyone?

I would try setting up a mapped drive on the server, into the access database, and see, if that helps.

If you are using Windows Server 2008 (not sure which version) and have a Novell network, you will get this issue. We had a programmer that did extensive research to find a fix for this issue. I do not know the details, but it is an security issue between Windows and Novell.

I hope this helps.

Thanks guys,

The problem isn't Novell related or a mapped drive issue. It's that on BOE3 the OLE (ADO) provider requires authentication regardless of whether or not the data source is MS Access. It works fine in the CR Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back