Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 2008 CrystalReportViewer .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlylux

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
My server has Windows 2003 and runs IIS 6.0 I have a number of websites in asp.net 2.0 that display crystal reports on the web using crystal report viewers. The reports are programmed in CR 11R2.

I recently bought Visual Studio 2008 and CR 2008 and upgraded all of the websites to framework 3.5 and CR 2008. The new crystal report viewer looks a lot nicer than the previous ones but it seems to have some major flaws and this weekend I rolled everything back to the previous version of CR.

Basically there are two problems.

1) When clicking on the export or print buttons in the CR 2008 CrystalReportViewer, a user gets a downloading bar at the top of the page in IE asking them if they want to download the file. After clicking OK, they have to export it again. This happens everytime someone tries downloading a file. THe only way that seems to allow people to get around this is to save the websites as a "trusted site" in IE and then change the download settings. I have clients you don't use IE and their secure browsers don't allow the exports at all. Previously, the files downloaded without any warning and where available on all browsers.

2) It takes a really long time to load the viewer in CR 2008. It can take 10-20 seconds to just load the viewer on a webpage, when before it only took 1 second.

Is there anyway to get around these two apparent shortcomings with the new CR 2008?

Thanks for your help-

Is this really a shortcoming with the new CR-2008 viewer, or is it a specific issue with IE-6 or 7...?

How does this same code work if you are using the Firefox or Safari browser...?

It takes about the same amount of time to load (maybe a second or two less) in Firefox 2.0, 3.0 and Safari so I do not think it is related to problems with IE. It definitely seems to be the CR 2008 viewer

Is it the FIRST time it launches in a browser session, or does it take that long each time a report is opened..?

It is the First time for the second of my two problems. The first problem happens each time a report is generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back