Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 10 and Remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbateman

Programmer
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have created a simple report that distinct counts the number of people by country.

However, I get different totals if I run the Report with different criteria. So Germany shows 720 people when I run the report against everything, but shows 2434 if I run it just for Germany. (and various numbers if I include a few countries).

Also, I am using an array parameter to select the country(s) but not all the countries show, even if they have people and show when I select them seperately.

If all seems totally random. Anyone any ideas? Or have you seen this before? (I know Crystal Reports really well, but am new to Remedy)

Where did you place your running total, if you placed it in the header you will get random anwers, it needs to process after the detail section. You can write a second "display" formula to display the running total in the Header, therefore the running total gets to run in correct processing order, but you cheat by putting the display formula above the process.

I've used summaries as opposed to a running total, so it is not dependant on it's placement.

Placement is everything. If you are in CR XI then you might have to do a manual running total. The wizard needs a sp. You can look for it on the BO website.

When they re-configured the CR engine for XI something happened to the RT wizard.

Summaries are calculated in Pass 1 (so whether they are in the group header or footer doesn't matter), Running Totals in Pass 2 (which is why their placement does make a difference).

I am using CR 10, as stated in the title of my post.

I suspect the issue is either to do with the way Remedy uses views or some db timeout thig that is limiting the data returned.

Are you using multiple tables, where fields from other tables are used only with certain country selections?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back