Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR 10 and Active X Viewer. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddfff

MIS
Sep 27, 2002
US
We are switching to CR version 10.

I have a basic report with one table, no groups on the report or anything. Under Report - Selection Formulas- Record I have simple criteria. ID = 5. When I preview this in the developer, it only displays one record -- it works correctly.

When I launch through the Active X viewer, it ignores the criteria and returns all the records. In addition, if I switch the criteria in the report from Record to Group, it displays correctly in the viewer.

Could anyone please provide some insight into this behavior.

Thank you very much in advance.

Please post exactly what you have in the formula, as ID = 5 wouldn't be correct, more like {table.id} = 5.

Check the Database->Show SQL Query to see what is being passed to the database, it should reflect your filtering.

Sharing the type of database and connectivity is very important when requesting technical assistance with any post.

The bottom line is that it should work in the Record area.

I'd also be interested to know what "launch through the Active-X Viewer" means. How are you launching this? Is this Crystal Enterprise, or?

-k

Thanks for the response. We are using Crystal Enterprise Embedded Version 10 with SQL Server.

Here is what I figure is happening.

We open the report through Active X viewer by lauching the ASP pages supplied on the Business Objects Site. In one of the asp pages there is a variable passed to the viewer for the selection formula. For example:

<%
'setting a report's record selection formula
session("oRpt").RecordSelectionFormula = {data.id}=5%>

Problem seems to be that this variable will override any record selection formula that is hard coded into the Report/SelectionFormulas/Record section of the report.

So if I have {data.id}=5 set coded in the report itself, it will not work unless the session("oRpt").RecordSelectionFormula from the asp page is the same thing.

In 8.5, you could use them in conjuction and we have many reports which do so. I need to know if there is a way to pass the selection formula without overriding the selection formula set in the report.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back