Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU & VGA doesn't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustin

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
RO
I've got a PC with a TCommate mainboard, chipset K7TA. My BIOS Id: 08/04/2000-8363-686A-6A6LMTP9C-00.
The operating system is Windows 98SE. After I shut down the system the CPU Fan and VGA Fan doesn't stop. What can I do in this case? Where can I find a new release of BIOS?

Thank you in advance,

Does the PC actually turn off? I am guessing that the PC just simply isn't turning off (even if your screen is black). I have one that does the same thing. But typically I leave all my machines on because power on and off over time is really what kills a PC (much like a cars engine. hot-cold-hot-cold just tears it up over time).

If this is what your's is doing, simply turn it off manually and forget about it and then move on with lifes next task. Not worth stressing over...

Cheers!

Yes. The PC really turns off. The hard-disk sounds like it's parking the heads and when the reset button is pressed the system doesn't restart. The only way to stop the CPU & VGA fans is to switch off the back-side button of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back