Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU using 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

MIS
Oct 7, 1998
US
I have a VB6 program I wrote and packaged as an MSI file using Microsoft's Visual Studio Install program. The program connects to a scanner using a Keyspan brand Serial to USB adapter. One customer says that when they run either the installer or the program, the CPU goes to 100% and remains till the program exits. He has tried this on two different AMD CPU computers - a single core under XP and a dual processor under Vista (which peaks at 50% (presumably maxing one of the CPUs. I have not been able to reproduce this on either a 64x2 AMD laptop or single CPU AMD desktop. I have had over 30 other people use this program with no mention of this problem.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Do you have any suggestions about what might be going on and how to prevent it?
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back