Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU usage monitoring tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrother

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
NL
I am searching for a tool/program to monitor my CPU usage (wich isnt difficult to find) BUT it also has to save/backup the usage over an period of time. I have been searching for a while now but have not yet succeeded in finding a tool that backups the information, all i can find are real time CPU usage displayers but not ones that save the information, does anyone of you know an app that does this?

How long do you want to save the CPU usage data for?

You may want to have a look at SysTrack from Lakeiside Software ( Their tool has the ability to track CPU usage in real time, but also stores the data for trending purposes for up to three years.

Good luck!

Anything in XP you can use?

Using Performance (Help and Support article)

You might need to be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to perform some tasks.

The Windows Performance tool is composed of two parts: System Monitor and Performance Logs and Alerts. With System Monitor, you can collect and view real-time data about memory, disk, processor, network, and other activity in graph, histogram, or report form. Through Performance Logs and Alerts you can configure logs to record performance data and set system alerts to notify you when a specified counter's value is above or below a defined threshold.

How to create a log using System Monitor in Windows

i found a tool that did it, very simple and easy :)

thnx for the help anyway :)

Would you mind stating the tool you found?

Not to give you a hard time, but one point of these Forums is for Users to help other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back