Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU temperature???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamaker

Programmer
Jan 20, 2002
US
Im interested in learning how to monitor the cpu temperature on my new notebook (desktop relpacement) where I run IIS and do some extensive programming / development (database, asp.net, etc.)

I've tried MBM5, but it appears to be incompatible with gateway boards... I also have a desktop machine where I tried MBM5 (HP 8754c, PIII, 800mhz, xp pro).

What other resources are there to help me to monitor temps?

-- Thanks!

I use Aida32 to get all my system info. Even MOBO, CPU temps. It's under computer/sensor in the software. Seems pretty acurate next to the software that came w/ my MOBO that monitors it. You can also check in the BIOS. Aida32 is available for free. I got it off of techtv's website under the screensavers. I'm sure it is probably elsewhere too. Hope this helps.

Great app - thanks.

It says my motherboard doesnt support Thermal Monitor or Thermal Monitor 2....

guess im out of luck, eh?

Any other ideas as to how I can monitor cpu temp or is the lack of support for these two elements going to prevent me from doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back