Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU SPEED PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno5

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2001
GB
I've a problem with my PC I am using a PcChips mobo M758LT+ with a celron 1GHz everything was fine my PC running @ 1GHz no probs then about 3 weeks ago on booting the PC I got the msg that the Bios setting were incorrect F1 to see setting or F2 to load best settings I hit F1 everything looked ok the same settings when i installed
the mobo and cpu i saved and exited and my cpu speed droped to 667 i've not been able to get back to 1GHz

Any help or surgestions cheers

One of your clock settings is wrong, check them in the bios. It should be explained in the manual.

It could be that the FSB (frontside bus) speed was accidently changed or reset normally caused by a faulty CMOS battery. Setting choices should include 66MHz, 100MHz, and 133MHz. Make sure it matches the type of RAM you're using. For example if you had PC100 SDRAM, then the FSB should be set at 100MHz.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[stpatrick2] [navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back