Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cpu specific question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvohath

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
Does anyone know how much information is specific to Intel and AMD on the A+ exam?

Will I be reuired to know slots, speeds, buses, and the like in general or Will I be asked about specific make/models/speeds?

Yvonne

While I cannot recall (nor could say if I could recall) exact questions. You very well may have a question that says what speed range is a Pentium II, what slot/socket does it fit into.

The processors were a tough one - harder for me than IRQ numbers. I would read them, go on to something else, go back, read them again, quiz myself. Repeat.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

The Meyer hardware book heavily taps into the cpu's , makers, speeds and models. and so forth.

Yvonne

good indication to spend time getting to know it ;)

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

keep in mind, A+ is for technicians with 6 months - 1 year experience.....what you're asking not even a 5 years tech could probably answer off his mind.....i can't remember a single question on the study guide or even the actual test that ask for a specific lineup of processors or a specific processor at all....is a generic maybe a question like you have a slotA what type of processor does it work with?

A- AMD athlon
B- AMD 64
C- Intel celeron
D- Intel Pentium 4
E- G3

something like that....

h5n1,

While your example above is typical of a CompTIA A+ exam question, I recall seeing at least one question each about CPU core voltage and L2 cache sizes when I took the A+ Hardware exam. That was over a year ago.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back