Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cpu load (urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshu

ISP
Apr 18, 2002
IN
Hi all router gru's
I have cisco 2610 suddenly the cpu load of the router has increased from 15 58 % I dont know why ??? .BUt I know thats is because of traffic when i shut down the ethernet the load comes down .But i dont know From where this traffic is coming .When i see the mrtg some unusal grafh is there like voice traffic is passing through .Can we see or block the voice traffic in router .I unusall thing it that when load start increasing my uplink gets havelly used near to choked rather than downlink .If i ping my ethernet i get huge amount of packet loss.Can Some body help me regarding this. Plz help me

Thanx in advance
Kaushalender

A quick way to determine what IP address is causing a lot of traffic is to turn on IP accounting on the interface. So in your case, if you will go to your ethernet interface and enter the command 'ip accounting out' Then with the show ip accounting command you can see all the traffic going out of the ethernet interface. If this doesn't show you the top talker, you can apply accounting to the serial interface in a similar manner. Don't have ip accounting on both interfaces at the same time as this can easily cause confusion. Hope that helps. Todd Hethmon
thethmon@hethmon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back