Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU Help dell 2600

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndcadams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
US
I am looking to gain some knowledge. I received a module from a vendor which was supposed to be a 1.8ghz xeon for dell 2600, they sent me a 2.0 ghz. That was fine with me but when I install it into my system it is recognized and boots fine but the caution light blinks on the front of the system? Dell Diagnostics also passes.

I am trying to determine the dell part# this is supposed to be, which leads to my question;

What is the stepping in the below stand for?

7U288 2.00Ghz XEON processor with 512KB Cache (C1 stepping)
G1462 2.00Ghz XEON processor with 512KB Cache (D1 stepping)

The cpu is model SL5Z9 which I have found info on but did not see anything about stepping.

Also if I install my old module the system comes up without the blinking caution led.

Thanks

CA

Well I figured out what stepping stands for, and found out that the SL5Z9 has a stepping of B0 so it does not match the stepping of either of the above modules in my first post. I also reseated the SL5Z9 in my system and the caution light is not longer blinking.

Thanks

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back