Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPU goes to 100% after 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

incron

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
US
Guys I am in a serious predicament I am due to launch a product in less than 24hrs and the server goes to 100% CPU level after 2 minutes of a reboot.

I scanned the memory for viruses - clean

I installed the newest version of Ad-Aware - whatever it is lets its load in memory and then takes it out of memory.

Every time I reboot about 2 minutes later it goes to 100% CPU

Thank you everyone - I resolved the issue :

It was a service that control indexing on svr 2003 - I still don't know why ti went haywire but when I disabled the service it CPU levels returned to normal.

Is there a listing of services and processes that should be disabled - it not being used in order to provide process efficiency and speed. especially with ftp servers running 2003...???

If it is file indexing on the server, disable it and don't worry. There's no definitive list since it depends what you've got installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back