Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPS Agent SNMP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

espressomaker

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
US
I'm getting event ID: 1049, source: Backup Exec CPS Agent, which says:
Error occurred while trying to route an alert through SNMP - (NT error: The system cannot find the file specified.): [alert message inserted here]

The error occurs every two hours which corresponds to the occurence of Snapshots. Problem is, I'm not finding any configuration for anything to be using SNMP for alerts. I've searched throughout the CPS server and agent and also Backup Exec. Nothing is configured to use SNMP. Is there a hidden option somewhere or a registry value to check?

Espressomaker, did you ever figure out the cause of this error event? I too have noticed this event on one of my server's and cannot figure out what is the problem.

Well, the error has stopped but I don't know why. I've scoured the logs to find out what happened at approximately the time it stopped and have found nothing other than a series of system restarts. My best guess is that a MS or Backup Exec update was applied that corrected it or whatever was causing it. My server was behind on its updates so I had been getting it caught up. Sorry I can't pinpoint the fix for you. Make sure you have the latest OS & software updates applied.

Thanks, I'll check for latest updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back