Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPPM Serial TTY Pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRRyan

Programmer
May 18, 2022
US
I might be wrong, but I thought that the CPPM card used a 4 port TTY cable?. I recall years ago having to connect up to them using a variety of RS232 connectors and I think I needed a Null Modem adapter for most of the Nortel systems as pins 2 & 3 were reversed.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Also for the MGC, I noticed a CF Slot on the board, what data would be stored on that since when I fired up the card it seemed to boot normally and just complain about a missing call server.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 enthusiast/programmer.
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast.

The CPPM had a Amphenol to 2 x 25 Way D Type connectors, standard RS232 except one was DCE and on was DTE.

What are the physical pines on the RJ21 for the TX ,RX, and GND? I’m most likely just gonna make a female to DB9 cable and that just seems the easiest.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 enthusiast/programmer.
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast.

Thanks, just tried it last night and nothing whatsoever shows up in the terminal. I’m 100% sure I wired it properly and since nothing else happens on the card like the ELAN port lighting up or the CF/HD and CF activity LEDs, I suspect bad RAM so ill have to source a new stick, It’s just DDR 333mhz ECC SODIMM right?
Does it need to be ECC?

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 Enthusiast
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast

Alright the ram I ordered last week that was not ECC seems to be working 100% fine and the card finally booted yesterday afternoon, I’ll have to get back to it later to install the software I need.

Nortel Meridian 1 & CS1000 Enthusiast
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back