Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CPMGS Standby Spare 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
I have a CS1Ke running a CPMGS on 7.5. It's really too big of a system to not have redundancy but here we are. In an effort to mitigate risk, I'm trying to build a standby spare that can replace the active processor in the event it goes down.

I have a spare CPMGS card but it doesn't have a CF or hard drive. Any recommendations to get this card as production ready as possible?

About as far as you can take it is to load the Linux and put in the IP info. You could probably load the Base Patches also. But taking it any further would be a waste of time and require a Dongle

Thanks guys, I have a gold dongle so I can rebuild a complete spare if I can figure out what type/size hard drive and compact flash I need to go on the inside of the card. Anything special with those?

Looks like a CPMG requires a 250gb hard drive.

FirebirdScrambler - If I wished to obtain a dongle as a backup, would I reach out to your somertel email address?
Many Thanks

I guess those Gold Dongles are a little easier to get your hands on than they used to be. [smile]

Hey guys, looking for additional direction. I have the CPMGS, Gold Dongle, hard drive, and the USB stick from the production system installed into an Option 11 cabinet. I'm connected to the card via the cabinet octopus cable on TTY 0.

I assume I need to install Linux first? I cannot remember with this processor, what media is Linux installed from? Connected to that TTY port, I see boot messages for VX Works.

All I really need is a Call Server to run the system. There is no IP telephony. Any direction would be appreciated.

Install the Linux Base then deploy the required applications. Linux installs from USB. You can create the bootable USB using the mkbootrmd.bat file in the UTILITIES folder, but be sure to run it as Administrator (Win7+).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back