Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cpio from a different machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

la46

Programmer
Mar 15, 2004
MA
Hello,
I was working on SUNOS System with a cpio(cpio -icvB) to extract files performed from a SCO or UnixWare machines with the command : cpio -ocvB. ALL was rigth.
NOw we 've migrated to a AIX Machine, the cpio command of the same files do not success(the error message is in french) :

cpio : 0511-903 Hors phase !
cpio tente de poursuivre...
cpio : 0511-037 Impossible de lire depuis l'entrée indiquée.

Any odea to resolve this problem?

Perhaps try pax as an alternative?

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Thanks for trying!
Still the same Heading error:

pax: myfile.unl : 0511-626 Lecture d'un en-tête de fichier incorrect.
pax: myfile.unl : Passage au fichier suivant...

PS: even if it is .unl (it was produced by a cpio -ocvB)

Thanks KenCunningham.

So, how did you transfer the cpio archive file from SUN/UNixware to the AIX machine?
If FTP, did you specify binary copy?

HTH,

p5wizard

Hi ALL,
I had a set of file in cpio(in the source machine), they were grouped in a tar file, then extracted in the target machine. The system administrator has done all the transfert via ftp(the default mode i think binary).

I transfered these files(from the AIX machine) in another machine (SCO one), then extracted them without any problem.

thanks a lot p5wizard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back