Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP685AVR TV question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamalSharatan

Technical User
Jun 19, 2007
US
I have a CP685AVR unit for my PC and monitor:

My question is can I also connect my LCD TV and Playstation 3 to the unit? They say you shouldn't connect laser printer and other devices to a UPS because they drain too much power, but I found nothing about a TV and a PS3. So, can I share my UPS with my TV and PS3 or will it be too much strain? Thanks.

a PS3, no problem - check the VA or Watts figure on the power connection. a TV - depends on how much power it draws - again, check the numbers on the unit.
A Laser Printer has a BIG heating element (called the Fuser) in it, if you check the VA/Watts numbers on it, you'll find they are larger than for your PC.
If your UPS is 685VA, your PC and monitor are probably half the max load - it can likely handle your PS3. Your TV would be iffy - again - check the numbers - and the heavier you load the UPS, the shorter the battery runtime will be. You might want a separate UPS for the TV, PS3, and cable box.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back