Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP600 on OpenScape Business X8

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaeedAyman

Technical User
Aug 28, 2012
EG
Hello guys,

My company has bought around 10 CP600 phones, and it was discovered that all the phones are SIP.
(V1 R1.7.0 SIP 161129)

So, many of the basic features do not apply,Callback for example (i have also tried to callback a SIP phone from HFA, and it did not work).

So, I am asking for your help to know if it can be done to operate such features, or it will have to be changed to an HFA firmware, and if so the steps for it.

Thank you in advance.

Small problem.... the CP600 wasn't designed for your platform. Per the release notes for the latest SIP software (V1 R5.6.0), it's compatible with OSV V7-V9 and OpenScape 4000 V8 R0.14.0 or later.

Now the HFA release notes (V1 R2.8.0) are a little different. They say OS Business V2 R6 is in Field Trial and it's GA on OpenScape 4000 V8 R2.22.0 or later.

What this means for you is that your mileage may vary. I have some of these phones, because we are migrating from a HiPath 4000 V5 to an OSV V9. On HFA they barely worked at all. On SIP, they are a little more functional, but no feature support. So I won't get full use out of these phones until I migrate them to the OSV platform.

I'd suggest trying the latest versions of the SIP and HFA software and see what works the best. Unfortunately, I think you're going to end up with a barely functional phone.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

You can switch the CP600 to HFA protocol with your X8 really easily.
Set the DLS IP in the phone to your X8 IP address, then the phone asks for a
terminal number and you put in a system client phone number there.
After that the CP loads the HFA firmware, restarts and connects as HFA phone to your X8.

This procedure works since the 35 eco.

LoPath: will try your advice. Thank you.

xs650: Great! Thank you.

Okay,
Can you tell me how can I download the latest firmware (V1 R2.8.0)?

faq965-7883

I will update the folder with the latest CP600 shortly

Hello guys,
Now and I have got an HFA firmware, CP600_E__HFA_V1_R3_9_0
I managed to install it on my CP600, but it does not has a telephone functionality; no dial tone, cannot be called from other subscribers, etc.

Is this what @LoPath was talking about? and if not, what can be done?
I have checked the configuration more than once, and i cannot find the problem.
One thing i have noticed, device type of the CP600m is optiPoint 410 Standard.

Hi,
Check again for newer firmware on the Tonido site - new ones have been uploaded there.

You may have to read the release notes also to see how to update the phones, maybe there is an 'intermediate' version that has to be put on first.

Are you sure you have CP600E or just CP600?
And which version of OpenScape Business you're currently running?

In the release notes for FixRelease V1 R3.10.0 I see:
OpenScape Business V2 R5.0.0_591 or later (No Support of CP600E): GA
OpenScape Business V2 R6.2.0_29 or later: EEQA

So, CP600 (HFA) should be supported, CP600E is pilot use only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back