Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP200 desk phone fixed key programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipandRingtoSIP

Technical User
Apr 5, 2016
US
Can anyone confirm the configuration / operation of the "HOLD" key on a CP200 deskphone in an OS4000 v8 ?

I am replacing my existing Optipoint 500 phones as they go bad with CP200 phones. The issue I have is that the pre configured, or fixed key "HOLD" button does not work as a HOLD button. Even though in TAPRO it shows that it is a HOLD key, the button functions as a CONSULTATION key.

CP200 | "CP 200 " |
| | | 1 SPKR-FIX 2 HS-FIX 3 MUTE-FIX 4 TRNS-FIX 5 HOLD-FIX |
| | | 6 CONF-FIX 7 CH-FIX 8 MB-FIX 9 LINE 10 LINE |
| | | 11 VACANT 12 VACANT

Pressing the key when the phone is idle, the display of the phone says "CONSULTATION". I have a ticket open with Atos, but so far, not getting much of a response as to what is going on here. The Consultation key functions as a transfer key, so pretty much the phone has 2 transfer keys on it and no HOLD key.. Any idea on how to get this key to work as a hold key?

Thanks.

HOLD only works on any PABX when you have KEY SYSTEM Functionality activated.
If you have a KEY SYSTEM like HiPath 3000 / OpenScape Business then it would function as HOLD.
If you setup KCSU on the 4K it might function as 'own' Hold or 'exlcusive' Hold
Other than that it will always be just 'Consultation'

Hi SBCSU,

its configured as KEysystem..OS4000 v8.

DIS-KCSU:49944,PRIM;
H500: AMO KCSU STARTED

LINE KEY ASSIGNMENT OF STATION NUMBER 49944
+-------------+-----+------+--------+---------+----------+---------+
| STATION | KYNO| RIOP | AICS | DSSLINE | RINGTYPE | RINGVOL |
| 49944 | 9 | YES | YES | | | |
NUMBER OF LINE KEYS: 1

| STATION | SLKTYPE | SLKTXT |
+-------------+------------+---------------------------------------+
| 49944 | SLKSTNO | |
+-------------+------------+---------------------------------------+
NUMBER OF LINE KEYS: 1

If you are programming up Key System Functionality then as you know you
would need HOLD and Exclusive Hold and LINE KEYS
I still think it is just a 'misnomer' and that the key is actually Consultation.
Maybe try it on an OSB system and see how it works on that ?
Anything on the release notes ?

I have a CP200T here on V8 R2.22.46. If I press the hold key in idle, display shows Hold, Not Possible. If I make an internal call to that handset, press it, LED at the top of the phone goes from green to red, display shows On Hold, calling extn hears hold tone. Pressing it again brings the caller back. The extn was not configured as a key system. I added it as a prime line, all default, just to test...
ADD-KCSU:1234,PRIM,9;
REG-KCSU:1234,PRIM;
H500: AMO KCSU STARTED
ADD-KCSU:1234,PRIM,9,YES,PRIME,RING,YES,
NORING,NO,YES,NO,DEACTIVE,NOTONE,
NOSIGNAL,,,NOPRIO,NO,DC,;

You are using CP200T? You don't specify but you are replacing Optipoint 500's, so, guess so. Support for CP200T came with hotfix V8 R2.22.24. What version are you?

Hi and thanks for the replies..
This is actually a CP200HFA, but we will also be using 200T's for our TDM phones if I can get this hold button issue resolved.
We just upgraded in December, my RMX version is V8 R2.22.46
As I said, when pressing the hold key at Idle, it says "CONSULTATION" "not possible", if I press it while on a call it says "Please Dial" and you hear dial tone...

here's a regen of my kcsu

ADD-KCSU:49944,PRIM,9,YES,PRIME,RING,YES,
ALERT,YES,YES,NO,DEACTIVE,NOTONE,
NOSIGNAL,2,4,NOPRIO,NO,DC,;

My ticket with Atos is still open, the BLS tech hasn't gotten back to me in about a week now..

I would connect a CP200T, check what that hold key does. If it's different, steer your ticket with Unify that CP200's should all behave the same way, regardless of connection method.

Atos got back to me with a work around, which was to deactivate patch PSG0777. Voila! now my hold button works as a hold button.. Atos advised me that this was not meant to be a permanent solution, and that this will be addressed in the next Hotfix..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back