Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP150 software upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramfrank

Vendor
Apr 17, 2011
CA
I have a CP150 running release 31.10.14.22 - the most common 3.1 release in the field.

However there is a bug in this release in that you can't upload prerecorded announcement messages into the system - and I have this type of announcement ready to load - acoustic coupling doesn't do it justice.

The problem was reportedly resolved with the 31,10.23.22 maintenance release, but Avaya is being a royal PIA about releasing a copy of the patches to me for some reason. It isn't as if ther're still manufacturing the device, after all.

Does anyone have the update (in full) that they can zip and send?

I really would like to get the files into the box.

Let me begin by thanking you for posting the file - the unit now reports that it is running the latest version and none of my keycodes was lost (major exhale - this one has 96 mailboxes, some unified messaging and a basic call center, which seem to have been added 4 seats a time . . . lots of typing to reload this sucker.

According to the documentation, there was a bug in the code that prevents remote loading of the vbk files - it was resolved with the '22' release, which must be included with the '31' that cook1082 provided.

But I STILL can't 'send' vbk files to the darned unit . . . I started with a low bit rate wav file, 16 seconds long and 'send' it to the unit, but when I hit play it hasn't 'taken'.

That was what the later releases were supposed to have fixed.

So, assuming the software is right, the person must be at fault.

What can I be doing wrong?

Source .wav file is coded 8 KHz, 16 bits, mono which is what I have read it is supposed to be. It was prepared using Soundforge. It is 16 seconds long, approximately 264k bytes of data.

Output vbk file is 13 kilobytes and sounds as aliased as can be, but is very recognizable though the player.

But the CP150 seems to simply ignore it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

@ cook1082

Could you please post the CP 150 31.10.31.22 files again as I am having the same issue with 30.00.75.22.

Is it the NA English/Canadian French version of 31.10.31.22?

Actually, the 'language change' utility comprises a full firmware suite - so the download in question was indeed a full English/CF set.

But I'm not sure wheher you can load up a 3.1 on top of 3.0 - there is a lot of code that runs in memory on the motherboard - so before you load up the 3.1 release make sure you back up what's on the card beforehand.

It may (or may not) allow you to recover if the upgrade bricks your callpilot.

Having said that, note that the upgrade did not solve the problem . . . . I still can't upload .vbk files to my CP150s.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dsd61p8o1hm77qu
@ bramfrank...Thank you...

Upgraded the CP, but still not able to upload voice files...

Could it be that we both require the new CallPilotDesktopMessaging (CP 31.10.31.22) (available from the Avaya download site) as they may have updated the software?

Do you know if I would also require the new CP 100/150 Rls 3.1 BRU tool (CP 31.10.31.22) in order to use the auto reboot function?

@ bramfrank

I tried to downgrade back to 3.0 as the latest 3.1 was doing funny things such as blank displays on the phone sets...But after downgrading, I am still having issues...
I wonder if I need 31.10.14.22 at this point before I go back to 31.10.31.22? Could you send a copy of 31.10.14.22 to try?

Never mind...I got the CP150 working on 31.10.31.22 perfectly...But the CP150 lost all the factory keys...and of course I have no idea where the pieces of paper are that came with it...

I only have 20 mailboxes showing, no UM seats and no Call Center...

Can someone retrieve them on KRS for me, my CP150 Ser # is 125064471111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back