Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP150 mutiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalis

Technical User
Jan 15, 2007
CA
I am having trouble with several Call Pilot 150's. These units have come to my shop via upgrades and moves etc. and were all in good working order. I typically test them and then do a reinstall then put them on the shelf. Some months later I'll take one off the shelf to prep for install and the thing won't come up. The device is "seen" by the system in Maintenance but the "state" is always "not available". Mind you this doesn't happen every time but often enough to drive me crazy! Has anyone else come across this situation?

Are you making sure to hook up the ports to a KSU?

Trying a good known power supply that is 8 volts,
Waiting 10 minutes for it to boot up?
Good working mod cords

Are you using the serial port and hyper-terminal to see what is going on during the boot up process?
Post what you see here if it may help.

Software is properly seated
Upgrade the existing software with the latest 3.1 software into the front slot

Outta ammo

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I've often had to reset the external feature codes when moving a voicemail to a new KSU. First, just try dialing feature 903 to register the codes. If that doesn't do it, press feature ** XFTEST, password is 266344, then test and reset each external code. Afterward, wait 5 minutes and try logging in. If this doesn't work, you may need to dial feature 903 again to set up the external codes.

It's a Callpilot, not a Flashtalk so F903 will not work.
It's also mentioned it does not happen everytime so I doubt the Feature codes are the issue but does not hurt to do the XFtest.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back