Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP150/mini??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyphones

Vendor
Nov 20, 2009
US
Greetings all. I am getting ready to install a CP150 for my customer, and find that it is labeled 150/mini. What will this system not have compared to a regular 150. Part numbers on the labels of the base unit are: NNTMH100DY4J andNTAB9626. This will work on a MICS, right?? From reading posts here, the unit must have its ports connected to the KSU to allow the LAN connection to work?? Thanks so much!

We have CP 150/Mini and a MICS, so they do work together.

Yes it will work. I think it is the same cabinet for both but different software.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

I believe the difference is the mini has 2 channels and the regular has 4 channels (concurrent users). There may also be a smaller number of greetings tables and the like, but I'm not sure. It will work with your MICS just fine.

A callpilot Mini is intended for connection to a Meridian 1, rather than a Norstar - what differentiates it from the Callpilot 150 that shares the same hardware platform is the firmware. So check the NVRAM card to see what version it is running. It should be a CP100/150 firmware, rather than CP Mini.

I'm not sure if a simple card swap will allow the device to be used with a Norstar.

Also, be aware that not all MICS/CICS firmware releases will work with the Callpilot, though it will work with more versions than the handbook claims.

The compatibility matrix says that you must use CP version 3.0 at a minimum with all MICS/CICS running 7.0 or 7.1, any version of CP100/150 firmware will work with all releases from 4.1 to 6.0 - it states that the Callpilot doesn't work with anything below version 4.1 . . . . Note that the CP can also be used with a 3x8 running DR5.1

Good luck

All the documentation I can find states that the (150 Mini)
actually has more capacity than the (150) but missing some of the features.
It also implies that the MINI will work on both the Norstar and the Option 11 formats.
I am in the process of trying to implement A 150 mini on an option 11 that has been used on a MICS until now.
I was looking for advice when found this forum.
I am hoping that after a reinitialization it will see the ACD que and the 2616 TNs in the option 11 at startup.

No luck.
it seems the are definitely two different units with the same name.
andyphones if you have a CP mini that is meant for an M1 I will gladly trade you for a Norstar Call pilot 150.
and throw in dinner for you and your wife.

Hi all: I have been testing this CP on my bench for the past week. It's connected to a MICS and seems to be functioning fine. From the looks of the GUI, it seems to be a regular CP. The software cart says Callpilot 150 3.1 so that maybe the determining factor....it has many greeting tables so does not appear to be limited in that category. Many thanks to all for your input and research.

I did find out that the M1 software is NTZE47DA the latest rls is 1.6
The hardware is the same part number. hence the confusion.
thanks to everyone who helped shed some light on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back