Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP150 flashing LEDs - no serial output

Status
Not open for further replies.

senk1s

Vendor
Dec 15, 2003
CA
has anyone come across this problem -
upon powering on port LEDs (1,2,3,4) stay ON and the ethernet related LEDs all flash (forever)

there is no output on the serial port
this happens with or without software card

(power supply and software are good - works on another box)

Yes I've had it happen on a couple of occasions. But one time it was the software and the time it happened again I said no problem I'll go replace the software. Well guess what this time it was the cab. I know that did not help much sorry.

Welcome back.

Sounds not good if not spitting info.....seems like it does not see boot program.
Try loading latest bootloader firmware then try the software again.

Thanks all ...

hawks - this case was different than yours - SW is good

rikrodgers - it is not getting that far at all ...

exsmogger - there is nothing connected - ive tried even without the sw, station ports, serial cable ...

curlycord - yep i tried that too 1.5.19 ... without serial output i didnt know if that got completed, so i waited about 1/2 hr to be safe ...still no luck.

thanks once again -i'll let you know if i find something

Try replacing the PCMCIA adapter to the CP card. Had one weeks ago doing the same thing. weird, but it worked.

DocVic

thanks docvic i'll keep that in mind ...
in this case the same pcmcia adapater/ CF work in another machine

I had one CP acting up with the flashing lights etc. in my case the power supply was screwed up just enough to let the lights flash but not bring up the CP. do you have an original power supply or has it been replaced?

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

its not the power supply as well ...
both power supply and sw work on another box

nope ...sorry i forgot to mention that in the post

The call pilot did not have newer software in it and now you are you trying to downgrade the unit, what I would do if this is what you are trying to do, is short the battery in the call pilot, make sure your software card is in the back slot, "the front slot is only for upgrades" and try powering it up again.

norstarguru

I do nt think he is trying to down grade....
Quote: yep i tried that too 1.5.19
That is a boot loader and not software.

Even on a downgrade you should still spit info to hyperlink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back