Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP Unified Messaging vs. desktop messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
Is CP Unified Messaging the same as CP Desktop Messaging?

We are currently using CP Desktop Messaging 4.04.04.32 and I would like to know if we have another file installer for CP Unified Messaging.

I heard that CP Unified Messaging unify the email, voice and fax so it will be integrated with exchange.

Currently we have Callpilot message store in the folder list, not totally integrated (Desktop messaging).

• Basic CallPilot Unified Messaging: Access to your voice mail messages from your phone. This is similar to our current system, but with a new password, new command interface and some new features, including distribution lists, priority status, and customer operators.

• My CallPilot Desktop Messaging: In addition to accessing your voice mail messages from your phone, you can set up a web-based interface to your voice mail messages, configure your voice mail settings from the web, forward voice mails to your email inbox, and more.

Thank you EddieDuece for the link.

I was told that the CP desktop messaging can be integrated with MS Outlook and Exchange so voicemail will go to the regular email inbox instead of CP desktop messaging inbox.

Can we do that?

It is my understanding that this can be done but the major drawback is that it downloads all of your exchange emails from the server in order to create a single inbox. Need lots of hard drive space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back