Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP to CP call FWD on linked PBX systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmoogle

Technical User
May 15, 2008
CA
Hi group,
I have a little problem with some call FWD actions that I am trying to perform.
Overview:
I have 2 sites that reside on different PBXs and their own CP mail system (V4). The Nortel PBXs (81C & 61C) are linked via T1 which allows 4 digit dialing.

Problem:
When user at site A is away, phone is FWD to site B. If phone is not answered at site B, the CP from site A picks up and says that there is no account for user at site A (which is not true). I have tried various combinations of the following:
Call Fwd Ext = Allow
2nd level call fwd = Allow
Call FWD via 4 digits & 10 digit both tested

Any help appreciated!
Dan.

I think you are mistaken and the callpilot from site b is the one picking up the call. Listen to the voicemail recording and record that number she reads to you. Try making a mailbox at site b with that number listed.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

I think tnphoneman is correct. When a phone from site A is forwarded to a phone at site B, the FNA will follow the programming for the phone at site B (site B voice mail). The call will not fall-back to site A's voice mail.

In these cases, normally the mailbox for the phone at site B should pick up and handle the call as if the user had originally dialed the user at site B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back