Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP Security check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Can anyone assist me to let me know how secure my call pilot is. I recently took over here with no CP expierence. Ive read both pages of posts concerning RPL'S and have been reading the CP manager help topics on thru dial and RPL'S and COS I see where to view/change/add RPL's, I mainly want to be sure people cant dial into the system and get out internationally/900 numbers. Is it as simple as adding 011/900 to all the lists?do i need a 91 in front of them ? We have no need here to dial internationally, but it dosent appear blocked in any of the RPL'S.. should i also put in my PBX acod's and is that entered with just the 4 digit code ? what else (basic) can I do to protect myself...I know it works in conjunction with the PBX tgar/ncos but thats another project.
Thank you very much for advice.

callpilot comes from NORTEL locked down tighter than
a frogs butt and we all know thats water tight so i
would try to dial and see if it allows you too if so
someone has open those features and you would then
have to blocked them you would need to post your rpl's
so we can see what going on.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Current RPL'S

Desk Top R:90 9011 91700
P:1+myAC 2 27 3 4 7 9

FAX ONLY: R:0 6 8 90 9011 91700 9976
P:1 9 91

LOCAL: R:80 90 9011 91 9700 9976
P: none

LD1&2 R:0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P:none

on switch R:80 90 9011 91 91700 91976 9976
P:none

it does not look like you can dial thru callpilot with
what you have posted.have you tried to dial thru and if
so what happens?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I cannot, but i dont know the tricks of the trade, thats why I brought it to the Forum. There could be holes a more expierenced person could exploit, I just dont know enough about it yet and dont want any incidents on my watch. Thank you for looking. I greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back