Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP-PM not backing up to RMD CF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy2202

MIS
Jan 18, 2012
GB
I have a dual CP-PM Release 5.00W system that is fully redundant and all health looks fine on both sides.
The system backs up to the FMD but does not see the RMD and the backup to the RMD fails.
I have swapped the Compact Flash and tried 2 others with the same result.
I thought it maybe an issue with the actual CP-PM so swapped the CPU's but it did exactly the same on the other core.
Swapped back to the original CPU and still the same.

.edd

/p/ - Volume is OK

DB SEQ NUM = 4083
CONFIG
CIOD157 INFO: FMD 0 is ACTIVE, RDUN is ENABLED

PHYSICAL MAP
BCS TEMPLATE
PBX TEMPLATE
SUPER
IPMG
CUST
ACUST
CLID
ROUTE
DAPC
LTN TN
LTN LNK
PGRP
TN
SCL
ESN 00
NCTL
ACD
GRP DNS
CPK
FRL
NFCR TREES
IDC TREES
DIGITAL
DTI
ASNCH
AML / ELAN
VAS
TRSH
BG-TIME
BG-CAT
DCH
PRI2
ARIES
FDL
SYSP
XTDT
MCAD
FCAD
FDCT
DTI2
FFC
LAPW
MSDL/MISP BLK
SOCKET ID BLK
MISP
TBAR RCDT
TBAR ART
TIME
DTSL
DTI PDCA
PLUGIN
STS BLK
BKPR
GRDRC
GRSC
BKPS
CPND
CPND NM
GPHT
SPECIFIC DATA
HI
ALARM_MGT
ZONE_MGT
SYSCFG_MGT
ACCOUNT_MGT
ERL DB
SUBNET DB
ELIN DB
BANNER_MGT
TEMU178 Failure connecting to IPMG[4 0]. Reason: IP link is DOWN

Backing NTP files
NTP_MGT
IPMG_MGT
SYSTEM_PARAMS
CHECKING

RECORD COUNT = 0756
DATADUMP COMPLETE

Backing up reten.bkp

Starting database backup
to local Removable Media Device
Database backup failed!
TEMU206 local Removable Media Device is not available
EDD007.
EDD000
TEMU062 Database backup to removable media failed

EDD010

I've found this "old" reference below, but generally speaking, you need to obtain some of the older SanDisk CF cards. If you only want the card to store backups, then I think you can get away with a 32 Meg one.

The following is the official word from GNPS....at present simpletech is the offical Nortel recommended supplier, as soon as this changes a notice will be sent out:- (see below)

Update on question of RMD

The removable flash drive recommendation ( RMD)

Nortel recommends using the Nortel supplied RMD, if a site needs to purchase a RMD locally that is not supplied by Nortel they may do so. It needs to be of the correct storage size.
It should not be used or placed into other devices such as digital cameras's or digital recording devices. Placing them in other devices causes a format issue and several devices place files on the disk or format
the disk which causes problems during back up.

The fixed media drive ( FMD ) should never be purchased or replaced with anything other then a Nortel purchased drive. This drive is a commercial sourced drive, that meets response time and other requirements. This drive is not available from local suppliers and must be sourced from Nortel.

Using non Nortel RMD devices can be done in an emergency, but should be replaced with Nortel sourced devices when time permits. Using non Nortel devices is at the discretion of the end user, however any problems with the device should be considered at customer expense. Not all flash drives give the same response times. We curently source the RMD from Simpletech, this may change in the future.

N0005129 Compact flash card 1Gb - £295.46
Part Number for Maintaince Exchange 1GB Flash Card:-
1 X 027608 MERI 1GB MEMORY CARD CF MTC
N0116597 Compact flash card 512Mb - £253.44
N0071470 Compact flash card 128Mb - £59.84

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

My guess is that it's not formatted correctly or is too large of a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back