Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cp manager password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekow

Vendor
Nov 23, 2003
US
Brand new callpilot 201i rls 4.0. I accessed cp manager and went thru config wiz (actually 3 times because of some changing information). Came into my staging area yesterday and cannot access cp manager any more. I changed the pwd at the beginning to what I always change it to and also accessed it after that at least twice. The default doesn't work either...... Has anyone had this happen to them? If not, I guess I will start by trying to reset that pwd. I have the support tools password, but I can't seem to find where it is to reset the pwd for 000000. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rob

I dug up the correct DTR and found the procedure, it is:
1. Log in to "Distributor" Support Tools on the CallPilot Server
Start ? Programs ? CallPilot ? System Utilities ? Support Tools
2. From the main menu, select (9) Database Utilities
3. From the Database Utilities menu, select (3) Database API Utility
4. At the CI> prompt, type “resetadminpwd” and press <Enter>
5. At the CI> prompt, type “quit”. This will close the API Utility
6. In the main menu, press <Enter>, then select (1) to exit.

You still need the password to access the support tools menu.....

Thanks
Rob

I forgot the best part......

My password was correct, but once I loaded the latest SU and PEPs, I was not able to login to cp manager. I uninstalled all SUs and PEPs and was able to log back in. Once I figure out the exact issue/PEP, I will re-post. Has anyone else had this before?

Rob

figured out that I loaded an older version of cp manager after SU3 was loaded.......put in 4.4.4.17 and all is right in the world

Hope this helps someone else.....
Rob

I hope you didn't feel like you were talking to yourself but I, for one, appreciate you doing it because I'm fixing to do some peps tonight. I can't guarantee I won't screw something up but I'm pretty sure I won't screw that one up!

Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back