Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototot

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
I have an external Tandberg SLR5 tape drive that I use at my main site for backups. I also have a remote site, same customer with its own Call Pilot, but no tape drive. When I take the drive from site a to site b and attempt a backup, I get the error "Unable to start backup operation. 41809#Tape device is not ready because there is no tape device on the system." Do I need to do something other than just plugging it in?

plug it in and reboot the CP, and if that doesn't work, you may have to install the drivers for the tape device. SCSI connector is not plug and play

You might also use the "Add Hardware" wizard in the Control Panel for CallPilot to see the tape drive without rebooting. I have done that before with tape drives and modems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back