Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP App builder - "Could not load the application from the server" 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2001
BH
Dear All,

if anyone could help, my Nortel engineer left for urgent leave, and we are not able to open application in call pilot application builder, getting error message:

"The system could not load the application from the server. Please check the connection to the server and try again"

When I'm working with CP manager thru web, I'm able to communicate with server but for every application we try to open from App builder, have same error.

Is there any solution to open application and change settings?

We are using call pilot server version 02.01.27

thx

Milan

that could be any number of things, starting with the local firewall. look for changes in the near or fire end, usually a security issue. my app builder is not allowed to play off net..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is it that you are not able to open any application or just a few? Also, can you creat a new one?

Also the applications that are not able to open, are they named with spaces? If so, then CallPilot 2.01 does not support local characters as spaces in application names. You need to install AOSClient_Miscellaneous.dll and nmvclui.exe in the Call Pilot server.

Thanks,

Amit

PS: check if any errors are trapped[Dr.Watson] in Call Pilot server? If so, clear them.

Also, you could try this as well...

1. Disable the AOS, LDAP, and SLEE services.
2. After disabling, stop the AOS, LDAP, and SLEE services.
3. From the Support Tools Main Menu go to 'Appbuilder Tools' and choose 'AppBuilder Version Manager Utility (nmvmutl)'.
4. At the CI prompt type "repopulate" without quotes.
5. Exit out of Support Tools.
6. Re-enable the AOS, LDAP, and SLEE services by setting them to automatic.
7. Reboot the server.

Thanks,

Amit

What version of App Builder are you running; you may also want to update it to the latest and greatest; The 4.0 version is downwards compatible so that won't be a problem.

no replies, we're all thinking out loud and don't even know if they can ping the ip

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Try this...
Look in folder "d:\Nortel\File Transfer" delete any files you find in there. With no applications open with AppBuilder there should be no files in the folder.

Best of Luck

Jeff

What username and password do you need for Support Tools?

Thanks
Rob

Support Tools access is for Nortel only or if you have been to a Nortel facility to take a course in Advanced Call Pilot Troubleshooting.

But for this thread, I'm having an issue with IP conflicts when trying to connect App Builder to the Server. CP 1.07

AppBuilder for CP 1.07 is part of the CP client. It's not a stand alone application like 2.0 and up.

So, if you're getting an IP conflict then its the PC that has the CP client installed that's having the problem. Change the client PC IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back