Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP App Builder Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarley

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
Does anyone know how or if you can make a menu uninterruptible? I want the callers to listen to all options prior to making a menu selection.

What you can do is make an announcement block in front of the menu and choose the option to buffer the digits in the announcement block. From the announcement block, go straight to the menu block and give a short message there like "please enter your choice now" or something like that since it is required to have some sort of recording there.

you need ivr prompts to make a true interuptable menu, the use give ivr 8000xxx interuptable with treatment 88888000.. the ivr ports are in your call pilot, in a unique acd group.. in this case 8000xxx

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Unfortunately it hits the menu prior to being passed to Symposium so the script option will not work. I will however try the announcement option. Thanks!

you can do a reroute.. make the dialed dn a cdn, with the dfdn the ivr acd.. then symposium can control the flow and give your interuptable... we have that here.. to stay on hold for pat records press one, to leave a msg press 2, to transfer to a supervisor press 3 etc.. no response leaves them in que, 1.5 minutes later they get the same recording.. 1.5 minutes later they are transfered to the dept supervisor... all calls either get a live voice or a supervisor after 3 minutes...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If options are given in Symposium through some sort of voice menu service, access ports should be used with voice prompts. Using the voice prompts allows you to use the COLLECT DIGITS command in the script. The GIVE IVR INTERRUPTIBLE command is for announcement services or RAN messages.

and it works great for call pilot with ivr ports...i didn't know a ran could be interuptable.. i have 16 miran trunks but just use the call pilot for that app

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Per the Symposium Scripting NTP page 235:

Give IVR
Use the Give IVR command in the following situations:
! when you use a third-party voice processing system for announcements or voice menus (caller interaction)
! when you use Meridian IVR (MIVR) or any third-party application with CallPilot or Meridian Mail for voice menus (caller interaction)

Voice Sessions

Use the Open and End Voice Session commands when you use Symposium Voice Services on CallPilot or Meridian Mail to provide
! customized messages (for example, to play a caller’s expected wait time)
! caller interaction (for example, digit collection) is required

Caller Interaction within the Symposium (voice menus)is supposed to be done with Voice Sessions/Access Ports. GIVE IVR is for announcement services or using a third party voice service.

per my symposium

Code:
      ROUTE CALL 8025605

END IF

GIVE IVR INTERRUPTIBLE 8025600 WITH TREATMENT 8025606

WAIT 2

GIVE MUSIC 81

SECTION wait_loop

8025600 is the acd dn of the last 8 ports in my call pilot, they are ivr ports. the recording says to leave a msg press one, otherwise stay on the line... the treatment is a menu service with just option 1 to express mail, no response or any key except 1 puts the call back in que.. i had to add keycodes and 8 new ports to call pilot to offer that option.. and those ports are just used for ivr..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i'm setting up one now that collects digits and passes them back to the symposium to reroute calls.. didn't know this was impossible or i wouldn't have installed it last month..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If it works, that is great. It isn't supported written that way. I had tried building my scripts that a while back and wound up getting SLEE errors in the call pilot which means it was having a problem doing the transfer intermittantly. Enough of those errors in a specified time frame and it can bring the switch to its knees.

thanks, i'll watch for those.. i didn't do the original scripting.. that was an install team but i have added one group and modified all the groups.. nortel did dial in and check a few things i had the elan drop during the 1st couple of days.. they didn't mention the scripts.. no one had increased the params on the switch.. i was running out of buffers.. thanks again, i'll watch for problems related to that statement

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back