Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 5.0 external greeting noise 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I have installed a CP 5.0 600R on a CS1000E HA system and every external greeting, recorded or default, has about two seconds of noise that sounds like dragging chains across broken glass or handsfree in a hurricane before you hear the greeting. The internal greeting is not affected. The CS 1000 system uses a PRI for external access.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

NCSS NCTS NCTE

If it happens at the beginning of every greeting then I'd say someone has accidentally recorded the Organization Call Answering Greeting.
Check your mailbox Classes to see if the option is checked and who has that class. Chances are it was assigned to people that don't need it. Well... nobody needs it!
If that's what it is then you will have to delete it from a mailbox that has the option.

Wow, that's an idea...I'll check on that

NCSS NCTS NCTE

The Organization Call Answer Greeting was it. I got rid of it and the problem went away...thanks!

NCSS NCTS NCTE

StanleySteamer...good one here is your star

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I forgot about the whole star thing...Stanley Steamer certainly deserved one.

I hope everyone appreciates how valuable these forums are (I do). Stanley Steamer offered a simple and obvious, but completely overlooked by me, solution that possibly saved me hundreds of dollars in time troubleshooting.

Thanks to all you TEK-TIPS forum participants!

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back