Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 5.0 1005r "NTLDR is missing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash4723

Vendor
Jul 27, 2011
US
Hey guys,

So I have 2 of these CP 1005r servers here on my bench and 1 of them came in without HDD's. So I placed 2 brand new HDD's in it, fired it up, inserted the CP 5.0 install disk for the 1005r, completed the install, and now every time it boots I get the "NTLDR is missing" error message. I tried following some suggestions online, but the CP 5.0 install disk is a little different than the normal Win 2003 Server disk, there is no Recovery Console...

So I got a 2nd CP 1005r server in a couple days ago and it had HDD's in it. I fired it up, started a fresh install of CP 5.0, and had the same result. "NTLDR is missing". Anyone have an awesome working solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

-Crash4723

When I place a Windows XP disk in the CDRom and boot the server, it boots up no problem at all, doesn't give any error messages at all. Boots right into the Server 2003.

When I take the XP disk out and boot the server it gives me this:

INVALID BOOT.INI FILE
BOOTING FROM C:/WINDOWS

Then the screen goes blank and nothing ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back